Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Battery Box

Got to work on the R80 again during the past months, so here we go:

Welded my battery + electronic box out of some V4, which fits in the original battery holder behind the airbox. It was quite a tight fit but I made it work eventually.


Then I received my Braille Motorsport battery, which seems to be a quality product so far. With approximately 6 pounds it weights less than one third of the original battery. I can't say much about how well it lasts, because I haven't ridden the bike much yet, but I'll make sure to add a review here in a little bit.


After fabricating all kinds of brackets for the wiring in the box, I painted it and installed everything on the bike.

 
This is the last post before the final update so make sure to check right back to see it finished.
 
Cheers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment