Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fron fender - Handlebars - Brake lines - Rear frame.

Eventually, work has been done.

The front fender is finnished, which was fitted with a lot of sweat and tears. It has about 1/5 inch (5mm) of clearance to the new tire.





Here are the Fehling handlebars, which have been widened to go over the upper forks and drilled to fit the bar end mirrors.



Also I installed my steel braided brake lines, which actually kinda go with the black-red-gold sheme.



Finally, the rear frame, on which I decided to redo it comepletely:
Shaved off all unneccessary brackets, including the side and middle braces and welded in 3 new ones to hold my seatpan in place (detail pictures will follow).
Since the frame was shortened, the side braces were not needed anymore. The rigidity is equal to stock.

After that the frame was bent upward to go better with the lines of the whole bike and the aluminium seatpan was formed.



Now I'll send the seatpan to my upholstery guy and better get started on wireing.
I'm even thinking of getting some shorter pipes, but we'll see how that goes.

Hopefully I'll be riding this season :-)

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, great Bike !! I need a beautiful Front Fender like yours ...
    What is the Basic of this Fender?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hans,

      danke für das Kompliment!
      Die Fender fertigen wir selbst in unserer münchner Werkstatt an. Melde dich bei Interesse doch einfach unter 0176 328 182 72.

      Grüße
      Tom

      Delete